JOB TITLE: Ophthalmic Examination Lead
DIVISION: Visual Function Operations
FLSA STATUS: Contractor
LOCATION: Fully remote position based in US or Europe
Responsible for the development, coordination, and implementation of plans for certification services for ophthalmic refractive examiner at clinical sites, including ETDRS BCVA refractive examination. Maintain and expand service offerings. Responsible for strategic marketing and operations planning with top executives, setting objectives and identifying methods to reach organizational growth goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Develop, coordinate, and implement certification services for ophthalmic refractive examiners at clinical sites, based on the study requirements and/or imaging charter of an assigned study
- Provides assistance at responding to RFPs, assists with generating bid proposals, and attendance at bid defense meetings when needed.
- Works as a Subject Matter Expert in ophthalmic refractive examination.
- Provides professional presentations and contributions to any sponsor contact during off-site or on-site interactions.
- Demonstrates flexibility in approach and ideas, responds positively and supports changes in procedures, process, technology, responsibility, and assignments.
- Practices and responds with commitment and sensitivity toward satisfying the needs of internal and external customers.
- Promotes quality and continuous improvement philosophy.
- Evaluates situations objectively and demonstrates the ability to make timely decisions intended to have a positive effect on work performance.
- Organizes and prioritizes work assignments to complete assignments and tasks on time, with quality and has the ability to anticipate problem areas in advance. Applies creative approaches and ideas to solve problems maximizing effective use of appropriate resources.
- Maintains cooperative and productive working relationships and communications with all employees, participating effectively as a team member or as a team leader.
- Encourages and assists others in self-improvement.
- Demonstrates a commitment to maintain a safe, clean, and orderly work area.
- Promotes and follows safety regulations and actively contributes to work safety.
- Comply fully with company policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Doctor of Optometry degree required.
- Supervisory and/or management experience preferred.
- Prefer 5+ years of ophthalmic refractive examination certification experience.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Intensive skills in clinical monitoring, business development support, proposals and contracts and operations. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, excellent attention to detail, ability to follow direction, assess Company needs and work independently. Computer skills to include proficiency in Microsoft Office software and ability to learn Company specific software. Must be able to project a professional attitude and image appropriate for the work environment.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to participate and contribute in a team environment as a team member or in a leadership role. Oral and written communication is clear, concise, and effective. Ability to maintain neutral approach when resolving conflicts and utilize the Human Resources area as a resource.
Licenses or Certifications Required: None
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; to touch, finger and grasp, handle or feel, with repetitive motions, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, crouch, kneel and climb. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
This is a contractor position and does not include benefits.
Apply now by emailing your resume to email@example.com.